I last taught on a Cruise to Alaska in 2015 and am excited to be teaching again this August. Alaska is such a beautiful place and of course so very different from Florida, lol
I will be teaching Art Journaling, Mixed Media and a Scrapbook Class. I only teach the classes while we are at sea so that we don’t miss any of the Alaska beauty
Here are all the details:
||Seattle, Washington – Embarkation
||Crafting Day at Sea
||Alaska Inside Passage (Morning) / Juneau, Alaska
||Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier
||Crafting Day at Sea
||Victoria, British Columbia
||Seattle, Washington – Disembarkation
and if you want information about prices or to sign up you can click here:
Cruise to Alaska
Hope you can join us
I love using my Gelli Plate to make anything and everything. I ave made pencil cases, bags, wall art, books and this weeks project was a shaped book.
Happy 2018 to everyone.
It’s a New Year and time for me to make and share art. The easiest way for me to be consistent is to be accountable to someone other than myself!!
Introducing #wherepaperandfabriccollide a year long challenge between myself and Christine Escanes of Creative Textile Mastery.
This was the piece that I taught as a class in Alaska, I just stumbled across the image. The cool thing about this piece is there are three hidden compartments, you can see one of them open with a red crown marble inside.
The canvas was made from recycled items
I have so many collage papers and images and when I have some free time I cut images out. I altered a small accordian file from the office suppy store to file my bits and pieces in.
I used my Gelli Plate along with stencils and Acrylic Paint on copy paper to make the backgrounds. I glued the background papers to the accordian file usng gel medium and then added a couple of layers of gel medium on top to protect it.
I glued on an image and some letter stickers and this makes a great file to keep small bits!
Here is a photo of the file opened. There are 13 tabs inside labeled.
Labels such as body parts, ocean life, heads, household, hats, etc make finding images a breeze
Here you can see some of my cut out images waiting to be filed
Before I get called out by those that know me, lol – I have hundreds of collage papers and bits and pieces. These are stored in plastic totes of which there are many!! This small file just holds all the cut out pieces.
Used some Tim Holtz stamps and dies to make this vintage chipboard tag.
I took a Seth Apter Spellbinders die and cut few layers from cardstock which I glued together to make it nice and sturdy. Covered the whole thing in layers of embossing enamel. I glue on some old findings and added a leather string. Now I have a funky new pendant to wear.
This is a quick and easy project to do but, oh so cute
First I diecut a strip of tickets from cardstock and then I stamped all over them with mini stamps and words using Jet Black Archival Ink
I added some color using distress inks and an ink blending tool
I inked th eedges of the ticket strips with JJet Black Archival and the tore a strip of muslin just slightly bigger than my ticket strip. I glued the tickets down to the muslin strip
Next I dyed a mini wooden spool with Vintage Photo Distress Stain and added a stamped bobbin image to the top. I glued the first part of the strip to the bobbin and then rolled everything up. I secured it with a decorative pin.
Small but cute project that took about 3 minutes to make.
Although we really don’t have fall in Florida, I really do love the season.
I made this mixed media canvas which can be used to decorate your house or even your Thanksgiving table.
Adding some Perfect Pearls mist to the wheat adds just a little elegant shimmer.
Here is a close up of the texture paste mixed with Wendy Vecchi’s Archival Ink refills.
If you would like step by step directions on how to make this please visit the Ranger Ink blog.
I decided to make a bag to hold either my ipad or my mini art journal and pencil case and I came up with this.
I aded Ranger fabric medium to the paints before I used them to print. The whole bag has been printed with soft blues and greens, with the heart being done with a bright red and orange color combination.
You can see the layers of prints that were done in this close up view. The dribbles were done with Dina Wakley’s paints watered down and added to a needle top bottle which can give you precise application when writing but I just needed to be able to dribble on the one side. The word was done with a stencil girl stencil.